The Wayback Machine - https://web.archive.org/web/20080611034843/http://www.searchengineoptimising.com:80/forum/google-optimisation/140-importance-first-page-google.html
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Importance of The First Page on Google
This is a discussion on The Importance of The First Page on Google within the Google Optimisation forums, part of the Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) category; Google has 87.53% of the UK search market according to hitwise . 4 out of 10 searchers tend to click ...
Go Back   SEO Internet Marketing Forum > Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) > Google Optimisation
Old 04-22-2008, 07:44 PM

Default The Importance of The First Page on Google

Google has 87.53% of the UK search market according to hitwise.

4 out of 10 searchers tend to click on links on the first page of search results but then revise their search query or try another search engine if they don't find what they want. [iProspect/JupiterResearch, April 2006]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-22-2008, 08:18 PM

wow, that is a good statistic
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-29-2008, 11:53 AM

I am not surprised at this statistic at all. I would venture a guess that this is about the same proportion people that will NOT go beyond the first 5 search results.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:01 PM

I get what I am looking for on the first page and don't remember going beyond the 3rd page unless I am searching for a specific site on Google but that said , more than ranking on the first page of google what matters is which keyword you are ranking for.If it's a keyword that's not searched by people ,then even the first page ranking wouldn't help much.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:57 AM

It has been a long time,i never looked for results on pages other than first page.If i dont find the relevent result, i prefer to modify the search keyword.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:20 PM

People underestimate the absolute VALUE being on the first page of Google brings. If you are on the first page for any remotely popular search term, you're going to make a lot of money no matter how incompetent you are at monetizing your site.