The Wayback Machine - https://web.archive.org/web/20081009121928/http://www.searchengineoptimising.com:80/forum/google-optimisation/128-google-has-stopped-crawling.html
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Google has stopped crawling
This is a discussion on Google has stopped crawling within the Google Optimisation forums, part of the Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) category; Help!!!! I have a site which is now nearly 2 years old. I was averaging about 100 hits a day ...
Old 04-15-2008, 05:46 PM

Default Google has stopped crawling

Help!!!!
I have a site which is now nearly 2 years old. I was averaging about 100 hits a day from goolge. This slowed down to about 60 ish and then just stopped 3 days ago. Yahoo are hitting me about 600 a day. I have unknown bots that are hitting my 1000's of times a day.I am adding and deleating pages every day. I am continualy updating my site.
My partner used to look after things for me but he does not anymore and I am so worried that I have done something to upset google.
Should I be worried?

Jade HandmadeJewellery:Murano Pendant:Semi-Precious Jewellery:Handmade Murano Jewellery: Jewellery
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-03-2008, 10:13 AM

It's unlikely, but use the Google Webmaster Tools to check, and deleting pages isn't good, you want to be constantly adding to your pagecount, rather than removing any.
I wouldn't be worried, just wait it out and see.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-05-2008, 10:56 PM

Unfortunately, Google do this on occasion. They change their algorithms or make some adjustments and then sites disappear from the rankings for a while.

More often than not the sites reappear. Just keep doing what you are doing and make sure you are offering good quality.

Let us know if things don't change.

D
Old 05-10-2008, 02:40 PM

I agree with Seth. Use google's webmaster tools to check if there are robots that are making it difficult for google spiders to crawl your site. Your pages still look indexed in google.So it shouldn't be as bad as you think.Sometims google does experiment with the algorithms that may result in variable traffic to your site and if that's the case ,then it should correct itself within a few days.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:48 PM

I think its something wrong with your tools or whatever you are using for measuring the hits, because I have never heard that google crawler has stopped crawling. I think its just that your tools are not giving you correct information.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth View Post
It's unlikely, but use the Google Webmaster Tools to check, and deleting pages isn't good, you want to be constantly adding to your pagecount, rather than removing any.
I wouldn't be worried, just wait it out and see.
i agree with you the deletion of pages may have caused some problem.I dont think that there is anything wrong at google side(like changing the search algorith etc..).
Old 08-06-2008, 03:19 AM

What kind of update are you doing?
Old 08-07-2008, 11:42 AM

Pages that you are deleting from website has got any pagerank if so then please don't delete it,keep the links existing at sites .“Google” the most admired search engine existing for everyone in the world. Really Google search engine seems to most effective, accurate, quick, reliable. One of the most important secret behind the success of Google is its “ALGORITHM” . May be there is some changes had been took place in its algorithm .

thank you

Outsourcing, Offshore Staffing, India Offices, Human Resources management, HRM, website design