The Wayback Machine - https://web.archive.org/web/20081016101521/http://www.searchengineoptimising.com:80/forum/google-optimisation/247-how-google-inlinks-really-help-website-top-serps.html
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How Google inlinks really help website to be top on SERPs?
This is a discussion on How Google inlinks really help website to be top on SERPs? within the Google Optimisation forums, part of the Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) category; hi... I confused about Google Link Popularity if how this popularity really helps to make website get on the top ...
Go Back   SEO Internet Marketing Forum > Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) > Google Optimisation
Old 05-26-2008, 05:46 PM

Default How Google inlinks really help website to be top on SERPs?

hi...

I confused about Google Link Popularity if how this popularity really helps to make website get on the top on SERPs?
coz.. I tried a Google search with a certain keywords and I found out that the number one in result page have only 5 google inlinks and next is a site with 41 Google inlinks....

Why the site have 5 inlinks is in the number one slot not the site that have 41 inlinks?

any explanation for this..

thanks....
Old 06-11-2008, 05:54 PM

Default inbound links

The issue here is that there are a lot more factors than just the number inbound links:

1) age of the domain
2) relevance of inbound links
3) importance of web page linking to you
4) inbound link using rel=nofollow or not
5) the quality and relevance of the website itself - there are dozens of factors at play here and with good onsite optimisation its very easy to pan a competiing web page with 40 or so odd inbound links usually without having any yourself.
6) no of webpages on your website and how effectively the link juice flows around.

Just off the top of my head.

Anyway, the point is that inbound links are the most important part of any SEO campaign but, they are by no means the only factor at play.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!